Since the kids skipped their afternoon nap, we had plenty of daylight left in the late afternoon to go out and play in the snow! REAL snow!

Jack was the first to venture out.

First steps in the snow!

The next order of business was to eat more snow!
From there we went out in the yard and I didn't want to take the camera out in the snow. You'll just have to conjure up your best imagery of the two of them gradually getting rosier cheeks and noses and developing from tentative first steps, to toddling after me, to actually
running around a tree chasing each other. You know how that little blanket of snow creates a hush but also lets sound travel extra far? Well, it seemed so quiet when we were quiet, and when we were squealing as we chased each other around the tree I was sure we were bringing the neighbors to their windows!
Then it was inside for Jack & Malynn's first taste of hot chocolate!
They had trouble being patient while I heated up the milk -it was like they already knew what a yummy treat it was. (Or maybe they were just trying to say, "Don't try to teach us about this one Mom, just give it to us!") There was no hesitation once they had those cups in their hands.

They even got to add their own marshmallows!

I had to get a shot of the milk mustache, and the runny noses from being out in the cold.

Ooooh, this is even better than I thought!

More?

Thanks Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment