Malynn and Jack were excited when I told them their friend, Soso (Malynn's nickname for her), was coming for a big play day! As soon as she arrived they got busy inviting her to do all the fun things they love: coloring on the table covered with paper, building with blocks, making a ruckus in the tunnel, throwing balloons around, and she even joined in for a little chair parade time!
They are all clearly social eaters, because they all ate a TON! It was really sweet when Malynn asked Sophie to sit by her and when Jack and Sophie exchanged carrots and red peppers.
After lunch it was time for shoes and coats to head outside. Everyone wanted a wagon ride, and when Soso sat so nicely in the extra little wagon I said, "Okay, guys I'll figure this out." With a little thought and a bungee cord we were on our way! (You can see the bungee cord connecting Soso's wagon handle to the back of Malynn & Jack's wagon in the shadow.) Then it was back in for another round of potty time for everyone and some milk before going down for naps. We read a story together in Soso's room, and not only did she go to sleep without a peep, she even asked to get in the pack&play! Then Malynn and Jack headed down the hall and were asleep only a few minutes behind Soso. I headed downstairs and prepped a snack and craft activity that we didn't even get to use because everyone slept for over 3 hours!!! I guess I wore them out. :)
Thanks for a fun day, Soso, and come back to play soon!
Ang,
ReplyDeleteHow did I get so lucky to have a friend like you?! We talked about Jack and Malynn all night Monday night. Several times, Sophie walked to the door and said, "play" hoping that she could find her friends on the other side. Thank you for taking such great care of her. Please check out my blog for a little shout out.