Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ode to Library Story Hour

Library day, particularly library story hour, is one of the foundational elements of our weekly routine. In fact, since we started going back in December of 2011, I can't think of one time that the kids have missed! (That also speaks to how lucky we've been with health lately!) And all but one time, Melody has been the one to take them, because the sessions have always been scheduled for days she works. It has given us so much:

1) an engaging group setting that is giving Jack and Malynn the opportunity to learn and demonstrate appropriate interactions in a structured, more formal setting.
 
(First visit to our local library.)

2) fun crafts that challenge their motor skills and spark their imaginations.

3) friendships that I didn't know a 1-2 year old could develop and appreciate.
 

4) exposure to an endless selection of books that has helped us find new genres, stories, authors, & illustrators to love and daily sparks the phrases, "Read dis one." and "Again."

5) social connections that extend to play/lunch dates at the park and music class.

Public Libraries, if I was on Facebook, I would "LIKE" you over and over again. :)


1 comment: