We were suppose to be at home. The plan was to meet up at a local parade with a couple of our most favorite friends, Dylan, his Dad, & Heather Mommy and Sophie, Baby Evan, their Dad, and Christine Mommy. (The kids hit a new level of awareness about how "Mommy" can mean
other people's mommy and sorted it out by learning names. So from time to time I hear, "My mommy Ang." and "My daddy Mike.") But we weren't home because of the derecho. We were so happy to know that there was a local parade near my parents' house that we could go see, which we did.

We were ready for the heat. We had a spot in the shade, sun hats, sun glasses, sun screen, and WATER.
Some favorites were the bands, the HUGE elephant (Republican float), the HUGE pink pig, and all the emergency vehicles.
I got a few pictures that are simply sweet pictures of Malynn and Jack, and I'll let them speak for themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment