Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hugs with Pats on the Back

When it was time to leave the park yesterday, Jack had a hard time. He REALLY wanted to keep playing. As we were walking over to the car he kept veering back toward the playground saying, "Playground -ahuh, playground -ahuh." When I couldn't talk him into walking toward us, Malynn decided to jump in and help. She ran over to him and gave him a big ol' hug! Then she headed back toward me as if to say, "I know you want to keep playing, but it's ok, come on with us now." The best part was that she did it two more times, and even though Jack kept fussing, when Malynn gave him a hug he would stop, smile, and hug back giving pats on the back (a sweet thing they've come to do mainly when a comforting hug is being given or received). Today when they were doing it again before we got in the car, I was able to get a quick video...be still my heart.

1 comment: