Happy Birthday my husband. You make me proud to be your wife every day, and more kids out there should get a father like you. We love you so much!
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Happy Birthday Daddy!
These days birthdays are mostly special thanks to the ways we celebrate with Malynn and Jack. When we started talking about how Daddy's birthday was coming up, the kids started practicing singing, "Happy birthday to Daddy. Happy birthday to Daddy. Happy birthday to Daddy. Happy birthday to you." This would be prompted by mention of Daddy's birthday, but also heard as impromptu singing over the monitor when the kids were falling asleep or waking up. (Singing is a particularly favorite activity that Jack and Malynn share when they wake up and are waiting for Mommy or Daddy to come get them. Jack usually initiates. Sometimes they get their singing synched up, which is maybe one of the sweetest things my little ol' ears have ever heard. Other times, someone really wants a solo and we'll hear, "No! You no singing. I singing.") For the actual birthday day, Grand was here. She treated us to a surf and turf dinner (all paleo), of which Jack ate most of the shrimp! Then the morning of she treated us again to a feast of eggs and bacon (more paleo), of which Jack ate most of the eggs -as usual! The kids kept saying that Daddy needed a present and cupcakes, so I made sure they got to follow through on at least one of those things. Now, thinking of a gift for Mike is not my strong suit. Not that I can't think of ideas, but along with those ideas I can always think of the reason he would feel like it wasn't something he really needed/wanted. Plus, we don't have a tradition of giving each other gifts. (No gifts IS our gift to each other.) So I was so pleased when I thought of something that I knew he'd love and wouldn't object to because it ultimately is for the kids...Legos! We got two new sets: a fire engine and a flatbed tow truck to freshen up our collection. Jack and Malynn LOVED giving them to Daddy, but maybe not as much as Daddy LOVED putting them together with Malynn and Jack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwwww! <3
ReplyDelete