Wednesday, January 16, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes

I hesitate to write this quick post, because it doesn't come anywhere near doing justice to what I want to capture/share. I want to share a couple things Jack said yesterday. It seems like Jack and Malynn take a new step with their language abilities every single day! A night doesn't go by that Mike and I aren't recapping the incredible things the kids did and said each day, because they constantly impress us with the things they say. Their figurative language is growing, their sense of humor is developing, and their compassion for one another and others shows more and more with each passing day. I know the quotes lose their power out of context, but they are perfect examples of the delightful little things I want to remember.

1) Daddy is the "closer" these days for bedtime. So he was in the room with the kids and I was downstairs starting clean up for the evening. Malynn has been doing a great job going without her paci and softie during the day, but she brings it downstairs after naps and we often forget to take it back up for bedtime. I heard Daddy call down and say, "We need the P-A-C-I and S-O-F-T-I-E." Then I heard Jack come out into the hall to holler down to me, "Daddy needs the S-O-C." Both his effort at spelling and desire to help ensure Daddy got what he needed made me smile from ear to ear! Amazing!

2) We were playing out in the garage/driveway space in the afternoon. Jack wanted to make a track with chalk for his trike. Outside the driveway was wet from a recent rain, so I suggested making a track in the garage instead. That was an acceptable alternative and Jack even picked up a broom to help me sweep it out first. As we were sweeping Jack said, "We're makin' dis awesome."

1 comment: