Now that Jack and Malynn are playing on their own in small doses, I've been experiencing a new phenomenon. I will stumble upon a spot where they were playing, and on the surface it just looks like a mess, but often I get this little connection that keeps me mesmerized. As I'm drawn to look closer, I start to see their bodies and fingers in motion, hear their sweet voices, and feel the focus and purpose of the play that led to the result before me.
Stumbling upon these chairs filled with dolls and stuffed animals was one of those times. I could just see their little hands carefully selecting and tucking everyone in a spot "just so." I especially love how each Easter Paul Frank monkey gets the special cup holder spot. It felt like Malynn's work, and when I asked Melody about it the next day, she said, "Oh yes, Malynn must have been over there putting things in the chairs for at least 20 minutes yesterday." She loves arranging her dolls and animals. I often hear her over the monitor before she falls asleep talking to her dolls about clothes they need on or off, where they need to sit, blankets they need, etc. She often narrates her life. I will miss it when she stops.
No comments:
Post a Comment