Monday, February 7, 2011

RSV Follow-up

Just when I thought we were on the mend Malynn had a couple really rough days, so we were back to the doctor. The good news was that Jack's ear infections had cleared up and Malynn's ears were fine, too, but Malynn's RSV had turned into bronchitis. After a couple days of antibiotics for her she was back to her old self.

Next Jack had a couple days of cough and runny nose again, which must have just been another little cold.

Then it was Malynn's turn again -new tooth.

Jack's turn -hives! For three days he had reoccurring breakouts. We're not totally sure what caused it, but the new food he had had was white potatoes. Yup, white potatoes -bet you didn't know you actually can be allergic to white potatoes!

Malynn's turn -started refusing her night time bottle. A little trick (wait until she's almost totally asleep and then offer it to her) got us back on track with that one.

Jack's turn -a couple tough nights. One night he had me up from 1am-5am -we suspect teething.

They keep us on our toes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a rough stretch! Hey, so I don't think Jack's hives have anything to do with what he ate. I think it is a reaction to having a virus. I think that is why Sophie broke out in hives way back earlier this fall. She had a small case of them just recently when she had croup. Plus, another friend of mine's son had hives after suffering from a virus. So, that's what Dr. Peterson thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I've been missing your posts! I loved catching up.

    ReplyDelete