Monday, October 29, 2012

Locks of Love

I obviously focus on the kids with the blog posts, but I do want to share this little bit about me. I've been growing out my hair since I was pregnant! For a couple reasons: 1) my altruistic streak loves donating to Locks of Love, 2) my lazy side just avoids chores like haircuts, and 3) I didn't have a stylist I felt comfortable going to.


Once I found a stylist who came recommended by a couple moms and who did a great job on the kids' hair, I decided it was finally time to donate.


It really felt right when, while I was getting my long ponytails cut off, the stylist's mom walked in. She had super short hair that was just growing back after her chemo. She thanked me for what I was doing and I teared up on the spot.

1 comment: