Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Little Chalk Art

The kids were busy doing chalk art with Daddy one morning...

 I said, "Jack, did you draw a mushroom?" Jack replies, "Nope, it's an umbrella." -Duh Mommy!

Malynn's P for Papa and T for Teigen!

Jack's grass. 

Daddy drew Daddy and Mommy's coffee cups. (Mommy's is a travel mug, which I've been using for a while instead of a regular cup since my coffee was always getting cold before I could finish a cup.) Malynn colored in the cups!

These drawings exemplify one of the awesome things about having 2 year olds: there is so much that they amaze you with because they figure out more and more on their own. I haven't taught them how to draw letters (other than their own), or umbrellas, or grass, or how to color something in. Those are things they've just seen modeled and figured out how to make it happen for themselves. My career in education has been focused on helping students who often need instruction that is broken down, repeated, reviewed, retaught, and repeated one more time before they "get it." So seeing my children take just the littlest bit of something and run with it is extra fascinating to me. I'm so thankful to have such inquisitive, risk-takers, and I'm so lucky I get to watch them turn into such interesting and capable people!

No comments:

Post a Comment