Malynn and Jack have been showing all the signs of readiness for solid food lately: interest in watching us eat, seeming hungry all the time, and sleeping poorly because of waking up hungry. I was a little thrown off about when to start food other than breast milk and formula. The general rule is solid foods at 6 months, but as I read about it I found that anywhere in the 4th or 5th month a baby that is ready can at least start on rice cereal. I checked in with the pediatrician and got the okay for rice cereal, so here we go!!!

Malynn was the first to practice sitting at the table.

She thought it was pretty cool!

Jack joined her and agreed. First they practiced having breast milk on a spoon.
Thanks Tammy for the tip about practicing that way first.
Thanks Grandma for helping us do our first practice at the table.

Jack's not sure what's happening, but he's ready.

Since it was their first time at the table, we didn't realize that the sun would be shining right in on them. Daddy had to come up with a quick fix!

Jack says, "Let's get this party started!"

Malynn was a rock star about opening her mouth for the spoon.

Jack was a pro at swallowing the cereal.

It wouldn't have been a first meal without a messy face!

This eating thing is pretty fun!

Daddy was able to keep up with Jack, who wanted spoonful after spoonful without taking breaks. He was all business about it!

Mommy helped Malynn take her time and figure out the swallowing thing.

Having a full belly feels good!

So, when are we doing this again?

How cute!!
I'm so impressed with how well they did! Love the high chairs. How well did they sleep after the cereal?
ReplyDeleteSleep was amazing! They slept for...drum roll please...9.5 hours! I'm so happy that they were obviously so content. As we all know, happy babies = happy mommy!!
ReplyDeletesounds like it was perfect timing!! looks like they were totally ready and into it! xoxo
ReplyDelete